Monday, September 29, 2008

Wake me up when September ends

My (American) friend Drew is leaving the country. He’s a writer (and a reader for that matter.) Recently, he checked out my blog and informed me that there is very little blog-gy about it. He thinks it reads more like well-edited essays than blog material. Without knowing it, Drew managed to nail the story of my life.
Life lesson #6389 learned in South Africa: In all things, Write more. Edit less.
Thanks, Drew.

Also, I got my haircut and am facing, what I consider, a significant layer problem. It’s almost mushroom cap-like and so not funny.

3 comments:

Mandy Rapson said...

maybe you should start writing about what you had for lunch then?? HA!!!

Unknown said...

I'm laughing because your subhead about not writing about what you had for lunch reminds me of whenever I thought my blog was becoming too much of a list of things I did that day or something like that I would always write "well this is becoming an 'I like cheese sandwiches' entry" and end it there.

Leah Miller said...

I want to see your crazy haircut. Is it too late? Does it look normal again?